Policy on the Issuance of Tribal Identification Cards
To the extent that the tribal budget allows, the Enrollment Office may issue Tribal ID Cards to Pascua Yaqui Tribal Members. The Enrollment Department may establish reasonable replacement fees.
Tribal Identification cards are issued Monday through Friday during the business hours of 8:00am to 4:00pm.
The Enrollment Department reserves the right to issue a tribal identification card if an individual has failed to confirm his/her identity or tribal membership status. The Enrollment Office shall also request another form of identification and/or documentation in order to verify and confirm an individual’s identity.
(A) Tribal ID Card Requirements:
1) Must be an enrolled member; and
2) Not in dually enrollment status and suspended from the tribal membership roll; and
3) Must be present- a duplicate Tribal ID Card will not be issued if the member is not present.
(B) Tribal ID Rules and Procedures:
1) To verify the individual’s identity and membership status, valid identification will be requested, if available. The enrollment staff shall exercise their discretion in determining issuance should identification not be available; and
2) The enrollment staff shall perform a visual comparison to previous enrollment photo(s) on file; and
3) Must complete an Enrollment Update Form (ENR FRM-018 or ENR FRM-019); and
4) Must agree to the Enrollment Department capturing a full digital facial webcam photo of the individual (adult or minor) and have them complete the Tribal ID Receipt Form (ENR FRM- 023) to verify and determine the issuance and receipt of a Tribal ID Card; and
5) Special Requirements for Minors: Minors must be accompanied by their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) and complete the Enrollment Update/Consent Form (ENR FRM-019) and the Tribal ID Receipt Form (ENR FRM-023), and present evidence of the minor’s relationship to the parent(s)/guardian(s) along with the parent’s/guardian’s valid identification.
6) If only one parent appears, an informal interview with the parent will occur to determine whether primary evidence/information of sole authority is provided. It is at the discretion of the Enrollment Department to determine if any additional statement is required from the other parent.
(C) Tribal ID Card Replacement Fees and Waivers: Tribal members will be allowed two replacement Tribal ID Cards within the four year period.
1) A fee of $5 will be charged for each replacement Tribal ID Card and the fee will increase by $5 for each replacement card issued thereafter during the first (4) four years from the first date of issuance. No fee shall exceed $10. Fees will reset from the date of issuance from the renewal.
2) Tribal members 55 years of age and older are waived one replacement fee within the (4) year period.
3) The Tribal ID Card will be valid for a period of (4) years from the date of issuance, unless the member has been officially removed or relinquished their membership, or are in dual enrollment status and suspended from the tribal roll.
4) There will be NO fee applied for renewing your expired Tribal ID Card after the (4) four years. It is not required that the member surrender their expired Tribal ID Card at the time of renewal.
5) Tribal members wanting to renew within 30 days of the expiration date may do with no fees applied.
6) All fees shall be paid in full in cash at the PYT Finance cashier window or in the form of a money order made payable to the Pascua Yaqui Tribe.
(D) Updates and Changes to Member Information:
1) Updates made to member information such as; address and legal name changes do require you to update your membership record and obtain a replacement card. If the update occurs within the (4) four years the above replacement fees apply.
2) Tribal members updating their Tribal ID Card may surrender if in their possession his/her tribal ID card for proper disposal.
For questions, you may contact the Enrollment Department at (520) 879-6242.