Audit Services Division
The mission of the Pascua Yaqui Tribe Audit Services Division to provide independent, objective, assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve Tribal operations. The IA Department helps the Tribe, and its enterprises, accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluating and helping improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
The primary objective of the Audit Services Department is to provide a quality service to the Tribe by assisting management and employees of the Tribe and its enterprises in the effective performance of their responsibilities. The Audit Services Department seeks to determine whether the Tribe's network of risk management, control, and governance processes, as designed and represented by management, is adequate and functioning in a manner to ensure:
- Significant financial and operating information is accurate, reliable and timely. Risks to the Tribe and its enterprises are identified, minimized, and managed.
- External laws and regulations and internal policies and procedures are followed.
- Significant legislative and regulatory issues impacting the Tribe are recognized and addressed properly.
- Resources are used efficiently, economically, and are adequately safeguarded.
- Tribal programs, plans, and objectives are effectively achieved.
- Quality and continuous improvement are fostered in the Tribe’s control processes.
- In addition, the Audit Services Department conducts consulting services such as participating in standing committees, limited-life projects, facilitation, training, and routine information exchange.
Laura Ward, Audit Services Division Director
Phone (520) 879-6364
FAX (520) 879-5891
Pascua Yaqui Tribe
Audit Services Department
7474 S. Camino De Oeste 85757
Tucson, AZ 85757