The Pascua Yaqui Tribe Athletic Commission regulates Professional Boxing, Professional & Amateur MMA Events by the Authority of the Pascua Yaqui Tribal Council Ordinance Seven Resolution No. C09-64-03 Matches within the Pascua Yaqui Reservation.
The PYT Athletic Commission was established in September 2003 to ensure all professional/amateur bouts (contest) are subject to an effective and efficient system of strict control and regulation. The PYT Commission’s main purpose is to protect the safety and well being of all participants and promote the public confidence and trust in the regulatory process and conduct of professional boxing.
- Provide general conduct, supervision, and oversight of all professional/amateur events, promoters, officials, and physicians at all events and weigh-ins to ensure that the contest is conducted in accordance with the federal laws, the recommended regulatory guidelines certified and published by the Association of Boxing Mixed Martial Arts Commission and any additional regulations applicable to the commission regulating the matches by all who participate, directly or indirectly.
- Approve and regulate the scheduling of proposed events (Bouts).
- Develop, prescribe and charge fees for all participants.
- Ensure equal competitiveness among contestants through establishment, conduct and strict supervision of contestant eligibility to participate with contracted opponents.
- Issue licenses and decides causes affecting the granting, suspension, revocation or renewal thereof.
- Established, levy and collect fines and fees; conduct a hearing and/or imposed suspensions for violations of regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Appoint, supervise, and monitor all officials and ringside physicians to ensure accurate and fair performance and medical evaluations of all contestants.
- Conduct special studies and investigations to evaluate and improve agency/industry efficiency and effectiveness in accordance with Pascua Yaqui Athletic Commission rules and regulations. Consent of Urinalysis