The passage of Proposition 202 by the voters of Arizona in November 2002 set the stage for new gaming compacts between the State and the respective tribes. An important provision of Proposition 202 was the sharing of gaming revenues with the State. In accordance with Proposition 202, a portion of the revenue to be shared can be retained by a tribe and distributed itself.
Pursuant to the Pascua Yaqui Tribe’s compact with the State of Arizona (“the Compact”), the Tribe shall make twelve percent (12%) of its total annual contribution under 12(b) in either or both of the following forms:
- Distributions to cities, towns, or counties for government services that benefit the general public, including public safety, mitigation of impacts of gaming, or promotion of commerce and economic development;
- Deposits to the Commerce and Economic Development Commission Local Communities Fund established by A.R.S. Section 41-1505.12.
The Pascua Yaqui Tribe distributes funds pursuant to option one and “12 percent” funds are distributed directly to cities, towns, or counties through our Gaming Revenue Sharing Funds Program.
Who We Fund
The Pascua Yaqui Tribe will consider grant applications from Arizona cities, towns and counties, public schools, and organizations that have certified 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status from the IRS.
All grant awards are made to Arizona cities, towns and counties. Non-profit organizations that wish to apply must establish a relationship with a city, town, or county who will receive the grant on their behalf and serve as a pass-through for grant funds.
Who/What We Do Not Fund
- State Agencies/Departments
- Organizations from outside the State of Arizona
- Other gaming tribes
- Indirect or Administrative Costs
- Projects for the sole benefit of the Pascua Yaqui Tribe
How to Apply
Questions regarding the program or application process should be directed to the Office of the Council Treasurer, at (520) 883-5010, or the Treasurer’s Administrative Support Specialist at (520) 883-5001.
Deadline for Application
Distributions will be made twice a year. The deadlines for applications are as follows:
(1) Deadline for application for 1st Distribution: Last Day of May
(2) Deadline for application for 2nd Distribution: Last Day of November
If your application is not selected during the first funding cycle of the year, your application will stay on file for the entire year and will automatically be considered during the second funding cycle. Please only submit one application per year.