9405 S. Avenida Del Yaqui
Office Number: 480-768-2033
Fax Number: 480-730-3596
The Pascua Yaqui Health Department mission is to promote the highest possible standard for health and well-being of tribal members and their families within the Guadalupe communities.
Our program services clients from newborn to elders. We provide a wide variety of services that include:
- home visits
- medication assistance
- escorts to provider visits
- management and education of disease processes
We strive to ensure every client is our top priority.
How can I request Services?
Please call our office at 480-768-2033 to speak to someone to fill out a referral
Who is eligible for services?
Any enrolled tribal member
What services do you provide?
- Registered Nurse for intake
- Community Health Nurse or Representative to complete home visits to assist with vital signs, medication management, education for disease management.
- Escorts to appointments if needed
What appointments can you take me too?
Community Health Nurses to provide escorts for:
- Hospital Discharges
- Initial Visits
- Cancer Patients
- Surgical Patients
- High Risk Children
- High Risk Pregnancy
Community Health Representatives to provide escorts for:
- F/u PCP – Patients needing advocacy
- Patients with Physical/Mental Limitations
- Cancer Patient who Require Chemotherapy or Radiation
- Wound Clinic
- PT/INR Depending on Ranges – CHR for First Visit then to Transportation
Transportation/Taxi/Family to provide for client:
- Vision Screens
- Out-Patient Surgery if Not Evasive
- Anyone Able to Communicate Needs
How much notification do I need to give for an escort to an appointment?
Community Health Nursing Program needs 24 hour notification for an escort to an appointment if you are an enrolled in the program.
Will you pick up my medications?
Please call 480-768-2033 to request a medication pick up. The Nursing Program will be able to pick up and deliver medications to you within 24-48 hours.
What Rights do I have when I am in the program?
AS A CLIENT YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO:
- Receive this notification before the initiation of care and how that you agree to treatment by signing the Informed Consent to Treatment.
- Be treated with dignity, consideration and respect by trained staff with appropriate and professional quality series regardless of age, gender, social/sexual preferences, cultural orientation and psychological, physical and spiritual factors.
- Be involved in all aspects of your care and discuss with your provider any information concerning diagnosis, treatment or prognosis on an ongoing basis.
- Be given the necessary information to give informed consent for your treatment and anticipated changes in your care.
- Refuse treatment and be informed of the consequences of refusing treatment.
- Voice grievances regarding care or lack of respect for property without regulation.
- Not be subjected to physical abuse including sexual and physical punishment, or psychological abuse including humiliating, threatening and exploiting actions.
- Be advised in advance of the staff that will provide care and the proposed frequency of visits or appointments.
- Receive help contacting guardians, self-help groups, advocacy service requests and other providers; understand what to do, who to call or where to go in case of a crisis.
- Exercise your right and the right of your family or your guardian may exercise your right, if you are underage or have been deemed incompetent in regards to your health care needs.
What responsibilities do I have?
AS A CLIENT, YOU, TO THE BEST OF YOUR ABILITES, HAVE A RESPONSIBILITY TO:
- Participate actively in your program, care and treatment.
- Be honest, open and will to work with providers.
- Work with your provider in the development of your pain of care.
- DO NOT bring alcohol or illegal drugs of any kind to any Pascua Yaqui Health Program location and refrain from use before or during any home visit. If you appear intoxicated or under the influence of recreational drugs, we have the right to refuse to offer any or all services.
- Do NOT bring weapons of any kind to any Pascua Yaqui Health Program location and to keep them secured and out of proximity of the health care provider during home visits.
- Notify the Pascua Yaqui Health Program within 24 hours if you are going to be late or must cancel an appointment or home visit.
- Maintain confidentiality of other clients.
- Encourage family members to participate in your care and treatment as appropriate.
- Accept Responsibility for behavior choices and treat staff with respect and consideration.